Monday, March 31, 2008

What a day - here's the scoop:

- I went to the radiation oncologist today and he is suggesting either Proton Beam treatment or Neutron treatment. Proton would be in Houston and Neutron would be in Chicago or Seattle (the only two neutron facilities in the U.S.). He said that the treatment could be up to 5 or 6 weeks if in fact I am accepted for treatment. That's a whole new spin on my life to be away from my family and friends for that long. Please pray that we would have clarity and discernment over the next few days as we speak with these facilities and make decisions.

- I called my surgeon today to tell him I was having increased pain and decreased mobility in the hip joint over the last few days. He has scheduled me for a scan tomorrow at 2:45 pm (it was originally scheduled for next week) and will see me on Friday at 10:15 am to look at the scans and find out what is going on. Please pray that the tumor is not regrowing and that I am just a slow healer. I know it is likely I will have at least a hip replacement sometime in the next year due to the loss of cartilage (unless God miraculously gives me more!), but am really trying to avoid the more drastic surgery which may need to be done if the tumor returns.

Mom and dad are coming in tomorrow afternoon to help for a few days. If I am accepted for these treatments in Houston, Chicago or Seattle, the treatment will probably begin within the next couple of weeks. Thank God for email and web applications that I can do from anywhere! I'll REALLY be begging for work if I'm stuck in a foreign land by myself for 5-6 weeks!!

Whew - and God is STILL in control though at the moment nothing else seems to be:) Thanks for your prayers and your love. And to think, just last night I was thinking - "It's time to get back in the game and start defining the new norm" ... not so fast, cowgirl ... one day at a time. I was worried that I was starting to get depressed and now I just don't have time for it:)

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God. Psalm 59:16-17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tana
We are praying for God's guidance in your life, know that you are not alone in this time of trial.

Jenny Ashun