Monday, March 10, 2008

I hope YOU have had a good day. I have. I don't know how many of you have met the wonderful Dr. Mc that I have worked for for the last 20 years - but if you meet him, you will not soon forget him. He will be 79 years old this year and is the most brilliant surgeon I have ever met. He is a walking library of surgical information, as well as information on every war ever fought in any country, well - he's just a walking library of all things as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, he retired in August from UT Southwestern and he has been so persistent in researching information for me during this process and has been such an encouragement to me. Well today he called and he has found some information on a new treatment for chondrosarcoma that involves Proton Beam Therapy and even put me directly in touch with a doctor in Boston that is one of the pioneers. This therapy would focus the radiation in the area where the tumor was (it is extremely precise) and substantially decrease any risks of injury and side effects due to total body irradiation.

So, I am encouraged by this. I have been praying that God would give John and I great discernment and wisdom throughout this process. Just last night with our Life Group, we prayed for God to give us wisdom. Please pray that I am a candidate and that our insurance will cover such treatment and that ultimately God will be glorified:)

If you lack wisdom today in ANY situation, I pray that you will call upon God, who is absolutely the ultimate walking library:) He knows the past, the present and the future. He knows the answers before we even ask the questions. Sometimes He answers, sometimes He may not (at least in our timing) - but nevertheless, He is always in control. You can trust Him with your life.

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

For I KNOW the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Barbara M said...

Tana,
That is exciting to hear aobut this new possible treatment. We will continue praying for you and that this treatment would be a possibility for you.
love,
Barbara Miller