Thursday, March 27, 2008

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thessalonians 5:16-18

So there's really not a lot of mystery of what God's will is for me today ... to be joyful, pray and give thanks! Sounds like a good plan, but I have to be honest - some days I'm not so good at it.

I had a lot of pain last night and ended up sleeping in the recliner from 2:00 am until morning. Bones, muscles and nerves really like to stir up a ruckus when they are healing in case you've never had the pleasure of experiencing this. In my mind, I'm strong, healthy and able. My body has its own mind:)

And so I wait - and so I listen - and so I rest - and so I wait (did I say that already??) God has a plan and I know He is healing me in many ways.

I got a call from the radiation oncologist today and I will meet with him on Monday morning to learn of options and risks of possible treatment plans. I pray again that God will give us clear direction and peace as he did with the chemo doctor this week.

My God can. He is able. He is in control.

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. II Corinthians 9:8

No comments: