Wednesday, April 30, 2008

#1: You will waste your cancer if you do not believe it is designed for you by God.

Tough one to start out with I guess! Bottom line is this: what God permits, He permits for a reason. He could stop cells from developing. If He does not, then He has a purpose. Satan is powerful - but he is not more powerful than God. Not to say Satan isn't alive and well but I refuse to give in because God's spirit lives within me and enables me to overcome:) I choose not to give Satan one ounce of credit. I committed my life to Christ many years ago, so He is in charge. He always has and always will be at work in every detail on my life.

Today's been a good day. I went to rehab this morning and then mom and I went to Super Target (first time in months for me!) Yes, I got one of those goofy riding carts and put my crutches in the basket and was off to the races. I was very uncomfortable at first, but finally decided it was OK that everyone was staring at me and I took advantage of the opportunity to smile and say hello:) You never know what doors God will open when you put yourself out there.

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And ev'ry tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm - Casting Crowns

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Do you have the link to the Piper article you referred to? I guess I'm wondering exactly what he meant when he says cancer is "designed" for you? Does he believe God "causes" (designs?) the cancer (that's my knee jerk reaction to how it's worded) or that in some cases, God just "allows" it happen for a purpose? I'm playing a little devil's advocate here of course but - then again, I do struggle with the whole idea too either way!

You're a strong and brave woman of God Tana . . . I really admire you! Hang in there!

TanaBanana said...

I do believe that we are in a world at war and that, for this time, God allows the war to play out and as a result bad things happen to people. If I look at it any other way, I begin to believe terrible things about God. Ultimately all is rectified and the afflictions of today will not be worth any consideration at all. Satan is rendered impotent and disease, death and dying are vanquished. - email from Brad

TanaBanana said...

I agree - I get hung up on the "designed" thing too. Keep playing the devil's advocate. This is a good mental exercise for me!

Here's the article link:
http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/2006/1776_Dont_Waste_Your_Cancer