Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

Today I actually went into the office for a couple of hours for a meeting -- whoo hoo! FINALLY met a goal (even though I was 30 minutes late:) I felt great while I was there, but not so good afterwards. I have to keep moving ahead!

While I was talking to people at work, some things seemed to clear up for me. MD Anderson's response to me was to not do radiation, but do the major surgery. We are waiting on Mass General's response, but it could be the same response based upon their initial reaction. Thank goodness that my surgeon here at least willing to try some other things before doing surgery.

The big thing is that as of now, there is no conclusive evidence that there are still remnant cancer cells - there are suspicious spots and the probability is high - but no proof. The radiation could take care of any remnant. I might lose my hair - but I can grow that back! REMEMBER - God can do anything He wants at any time:)

I keep thinking that if you have breast cancer or other cancers and the doc lays out the most aggressive plan of attack, you do it based upon the fact that a) you don't really need that part of your body or you can reconstruct it if you do b) the quality of life would not be significantly hampered by proceeding with major surgery.

Well, we can't reconstruct my mobility and at least at this point, I feel that would significantly hamper my quality of life - HOWEVER, if this is a life and death decision I would certainly proceed. It's just a tough call - please pray that God would give us clear direction and if you have words of wisdom, please impart:) Even if I have the surgery, I could beat the odds and walk again anyway. REMEMBER - God can do anything He wants at any time.

Thanks to my friend Lara for sending the excerpt below, so appropriate for me today:

"Listen to Me continually. I have much to communicate to you, so many people and situations in need of prayer. I am training you to set your mind on Me more and more, tuning out distractions through the help of My Spirit. Walk with Me in holy trust, responding to My initiatives rather than trying to make things fit your plans. I died to set you free, and that includes freedom from compulsive planning. When your mind spins with a multitude of thoughts, you cannot hear my voice. A mind preoccupied with planning pays homage to the idol of control. Turn from this idolatry back to Me. Listen to Me and live abundantly!
"From "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young

1 comment:

Lara said...

Tana-
You blessed me by sharing what I shared. Glad you made it to a meeting.
-Lara