I got a call from Dr. Delaney in Boston today - believe it! He said they would be presenting my case at conference on May 1 and that he will call me and let me know what they decide. I have to get my pre-op and post-op scans put on CD tomorrow and send them to him so he can prepare to present the case. He wouldn't really commit to deciding on surgery or Proton therapy. The problem with the surgery is that it could permanently disable me (joy!). We'll have to hear the risks/percentages on surgery vs Proton and pray that God will give us great wisdom in making a decision. If they accept me as a patient, I will probably be heading to Boston the first part of May for reevaluation and treatment.
I am still having a great deal of pain getting up from a seated position. I seem to get "looser" as the day goes on, but mornings are ROUGH. I did not go to therapy today, but hope to be back on Friday if I can get there.
Great news on the medical journal front. It looks like my job of 20 years with Selected Readings and Dr. McClelland is truly moving on to Chicago after 5+ years of negotiation and over two years of transition. It should officially be off of my plate on May 1 - this is a huge answer to prayer for me. I'll still be closing down the corporation and tying up some loose ends after that, but for the most part, it will be gone.
John and I will celebrate 23 years of marriage on Sunday. I was thinking about our wedding today. For those of you who were there, it was quite the production (ha!) We had a choir of kids (all of our neices and nephews and significant kids in our lives). They sang the song "In His Time". God brought that song to mind again today:
In His time in His time
He makes all things beautiful in His time
Lord please show me ev'ry day
As You're teaching me Your way
That You do just what You say in Your time
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment