Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jesus lover of my soul, all consuming fire is in Your gaze
Jesus I want You to know, I will follow You all my days
For no one else in history is like You and history itself belongs to You
Alpha and Omega, You have loved me and I will share eternity with You

I awoke in the night with this song on my lips. I found a video of it on you tube (click below).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD-ZdMOx_HY

I am amazed at His love for me. I am amazed at His care. Even though I am pitiful and pathetic (that's what I lovingly call myself these days), He is strong and able. There's no better place to be than in His hands.

I keep going through these exercises of surrender and submission and I think I've given all I can and then His spirit overcomes me again and I realize that somewhere deep within me there are still things being relinquished that I am not even consciously aware of. His healing is so much deeper than we will ever know.

Even though at times the physical pain goes deep, I know my spiritual pain must be deeper. I am in need of a Holy God and a Savior and a Healer and He is able to meet the needs above and beyond what I am even aware to ask Him for. What a good God we serve who goes beyond our comprehension and into the very core of who we are.

It's all about You, Jesus - And all this is for You - For Your glory and Your fame
It's not about me - As if You should do things my way
You alone are God and I surrender to Your ways

No comments: