Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We have changed rooms here at Baylor. Tana just got a "picc-line" in her arm. That is how they will administer the chemo over the next 4 days.

Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

I have been reading in 1 Samuel about King Saul and David and then in 2 Samuel about King David. There are of course differences between the two but one thing that strikes me is that King David "inquired of the Lord" while King Saul made several mistakes because he did not "inquire of the Lord". King Saul took things into his own hands because things were not happening like he thought they should or sometimes when he thought they should. King David sought after the Lord and his kingdom was established.

We continue to look to the Lord and "inquire of Him" even when we don't know exactly how or what to pray for. Take time out of your day to "inquire of the Lord".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your encouragement to "inquire of the Lord." May God hear your prayers and give you direction with every decision. May God give you comfort, peace, and healing.
-Chris V.

Anonymous said...

I met your sister, Joy, this weekend in Galveston and was humbled by the story of your faith and courage.
I lost both of my legs below the knee in a car accident ('88) and received the best care at Baylor Hospital and Rehab. You are in great hands!
I truly believe it was my mother praying at the end of my bed that allowed me to wake up the next day.
I do not have any great scripture, but, I remember one of the first sermons after the wreck talked about the two paths (straight or crooked) God allows us to make a decision on which one we take, but does not guarantee the condition of the road or the terrain on either road.
Every moutain must have a valley, every storm must have a rainbow. Or else, how would we know the difference between sorrow and joy, pain and pleasure. It is only when I learned to trust him and allowed him to lead me, that I reached the peak of the mountain and learned to love the smell of the rain. And believe me, it took a few years for that to happen.

I am amazed by your strength and faith and pray for it to continue.

If I can be of any assistance, provide any information or support, please do not hesitate to reply back.

May god be with you, your family and loved ones.
David L. Lowe
dlowe@wrstarkey.com

Anonymous said...

Tana,

I was so saddened to read your latest news. The kids and I pray for you every night. Last night I told Olivia to pray for Tana and she said yes, that she wanted to pray for Tana Heckel. I thought it was funny because I didn't say your last name, she justs remembers it after so many prayers. We will never stop thinking or praying for you! We also pray for John and the boys because we know this is difficult for the whole family. I am in awe of your faith and know that it will pull you through the roughest days. Love, David, Mary, Marshall and Olivia