Friday, July 18, 2008

He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. Psalm 1:3

I'm speaking this today. I am a little weak and wishing I had more strength - a bit withery:) I am praying that God will continue to strengthen me and give me energy to do the things I want to do. Because of being on crutches for so long, my right knee doesn't straighten out anymore so I am working on stretching a little as I can.

For the most part, I've been using a wheelchair when we go out for distances more than a few feet). So, I'm trying to do what I can and pray that God will do the rest and give me the strength to do what I need to do to get stronger. Some days I wonder if my body can handle another round of chemo. It just took so many of the good cells and I seem to be having trouble rebuilding them. Who knows what tomorrow holds? It really is impossible to think too far ahead as much as I'd want to.

John got home last night and it was so great to have him here. Cody spent most of yesterday in my room with me playing on my computer and we watched Cartoon Network together. It was a great time. He wanted me to go to Walmart this morning with he and Gigi, but I think I will pass:) The wigs my aunt brought yesterday are great (they look better than my hair ever did!)

I'm hoping to get out this weekend some and get another view than the view from the recliner in my room. God is good. His peace does pass all understanding. He is in control. He has a plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tana,
First of all, I am not sure if you rememeber me or not. I am Kira and Michael's mom. I wanted to tell you that you are the strongest woman I have ever met. I have read your blog, and see how God works in your life.I sat up the other night after reading several of your posts and wondered if, faced with the same adversity, I would do as you have done or if I would buckle. I think I would buckle. You have a great family support system, but you are phenomenally strong. My family and I have been praying for you and your family. This trial you are faced with is making you even stronger than you are. You are a great example to other people with a lesser degree of faith. You have made me reopen my bible and look into things that have been stagnant. Thank you.
I believe that God is using you as a tool for other people. You will always be in my prayers and thoughts.

Sheri