Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jesus invited us not to a picnic but to a pilgrimage; not to a frolic but to a fight. Billy Graham

Interesting comment huh? Who said the Christian life was a picnic and a frolic? There've been times I may have believed that, but this is not one of those times:) Yes, this is a journey and there are days when it is a sheer fight to push through.

Dr Nadler postponed the chemo until next week. He wants me to try to gain some weight this week (since I am getting a little bit of an appetite finally) and also wants me to get the hip pain under control so put me on a fentanyl pain patch. If you will remember I tried this once before and got very sick so I am wary of this experiment. He thinks the hip fracture is causing the pain and causing me to take so many pain pills.

So, back to the recliner with bigger drugs and more force feeding:) I actually did gain some weight since my last visit, but not enough apparently. I am trying, I am trying. I feel like the little engine that could. Notice I said could. It is as much a psychological game as a physical game at times:)

Proclaim the power of God, whose majesty is over Israel, whose power is in the skies. You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God! Psalm 68:34-35

2 comments:

Julie W said...

I'm praying for you constantly. I hope and pray for your appetite to increase. It pains me to read of your struggles...I haven't forgotten what it is like to dread chemo!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Oh sweet Tana, I am praying for strength, weight gain (who'd have ever thought we'd be praying for someone to GAIN wt.) and pain relief. I had the fentanyl pain patch last year and it made me sick to so I understand. Hang in there girl.

Love, Heather Rice