Monday, July 28, 2008

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Psalm 40:1-4

Psalm 40 begins like this and oh I am waiting patiently - more patiently than I ever thought possible! I am certainly crying out to him. I am trusting Him to get me out of this slimy pit and set my feet on a firm place to stand. Oh it's been a long time:)

I am longing for a new song in my mouth and I am trusting that many will put their trust in the Lord because of the work He does through my life. I don't know how, I don't know when, but I know He has a purpose and I've got to trust Him. I will not turn to other "gods" for my healing.

I am doing pretty well at eating three decent meals a day - not near the 2000 calories I'm supposed to be eating, but am at least making an effort to do my best (with God's grace). I'm quite restless with pain but manage to get in some sleep at night once I get enough meds in my system.

I am a little anxious about the blood work in the morning and possible start of chemo round two. I pray that it will be much easier on my body this round. Please pray that I will have the strength to get up in the morning and be cooperative with the doctors at the hospital:)

I am weak but HE is strong and your prayers and love surround me and hold me up to the Father...thank you! And Psalm 40 ends like this:

Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay. Psalm 40:17

No comments: