Wednesday, July 30, 2008

24 hours since the patch has been on ... slept great last night. I did wake up in pain and have had to take a couple of pain pills today for breakthrough pain, but not near what I was taking! I did get sick this morning, but took my nausea med after that and haven't had any other trouble (which is important since we are trying to GAIN weight:) Biggest issue so far has been that I am having trouble staying awake. I could have slept most of the day if I'd let myself. I'll continue to adjust as this is a three-day patch.

I am thankful to still have a few things to do with the medical journal and at church - not much at all, but a few things here and there. Actually anymore than that would just overwhelm me right now.

It was so great to get phone calls from a couple of you today. It really does help the day to go so much more quickly. I am so thankful for your friendship (and your prayers, and your cards, etc etc etc)

I have great peace today for which I am thankful. What a wonderful God we serve - He takes care of our needs and is the giver of great peace that overcomes all. He is my deliverer in every circumstance. He is my Prince of Peace.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

No comments: