We took the boys to see Kung Fu Panda last night and then went to eat Chinese food afterwards. It was a lot of fun though it is getting more and more difficult for me to walk on the crutches for very long. We did buy a wheelchair and we are carrying it around but haven't gotten desperate enough yet to use it:)
The movie was a lot better than I expected and actually had some good messages in it that we discussed after the movie. One of the quotes they say several times was "There are no accidents". That one hit head on! There's been plenty of times over the last few months when I've prayed "Lord, this must be a mistake - an accident! You've always blessed me and protected me in every way - why this burden and why now?" And so I was reminded again of what I've known to be true all along "There are no accidents".
My mom's favorite quote was "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift - that's why it's called the present". It's true for all of us but as the main caregiver of our family right now, I'm sure this spoke even louder to her.
The other message in the movie was that there is no secret - that we have within us all that we need to succeed. We chose not to interpret that the way it was probably intended, but discussed that because we have the Holy Spirit in our lives, He is within us and we have all that we need to succeed. He is the secret ingredient in life and the power that enables us to live victorious every day.
We are indeed blessed. God is Lord over our yesterdays, our tomorrows and our todays. We have all that we need. His grace is sufficient in time of blessing and in time of pain. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think we often forget that GOd gives us everything we need. ANd then there are the times we don't give God the credit for he provisions. Thanks for the reminder. Take care!
It is always so good to see you out and moving about.
On Sunday evening when the church had the meeting and I was outside leaning up against my pickup, I saw a woman in a wheel chair coming out and I knew right away who it was. It was you Tanna. I saw as you were taken to your vehical and I saw that it was not very easy at all. There is pain and weakness. I wish I could just touch you and you would be healed. I don't understand these things but I will continue to pray for you. If you don't know who this is, I'm the guy that was leaning up against my pickup next to your van, with a cowboy hat on. I'm the one who said I wanted you to play the piano again. I want beautiful Tanna to play for us again. I will be praying for you to get up on stage again.
With Love of the Lord,
Jim Beattie
What a great quote from your mom, Tana.
It was great to see you and John and the boys for a little while.
I've been praying for you even more since - and am still trusting in our great and good God.
Michael
Post a Comment