You can never understand the faithfulness of God by taking the short view. Paul S. Rees
I'm tired of people telling me what to do:) I have doctors telling me what I'm going to do and when I'm going to do it and it finally dawned on me why I am feeling a little frustrated by it all ... they're forgetting to ask me what I think (and Lord knows I have an opinion!)
What if I don't want to have chemo?? What if I don't want to have more surgery?? Not to say I'd make either of those decisions - especially if they convinced me it was critical that I do so - but the point is this: they're not asking me:)
And while I'm at it here's another newsflash: They're not God. I still contend that God can and will intervene at any time that He wants to. I truly believe that every last minute change of plan and treatment decision has been God's work in my life. I've prayed for His intervention from the beginning.
When I met with the surgeon this week, he went back through the morbid details of the surgery he believes I will have to have. He then looked at me and said "Do you understand? I can never tell what you're thinking because you're so stoic!"
This is what I understand: God is in control. God's hand will be upon me during that surgery if I have it and He will determine what long-term effects it will have if any. It is not my place to wrestle with man - my place is to yield to a God who loves me and who has a plan for my life.
It is my prayer that you can somehow apply this in your own life. Do not let people or circumstances determine your future. Allow God to reign supreme in your life and trust Him. No human edict or words can determine a future sealed with the blood of Christ.
We all have an expiration date and we will all see "Game Over" flash across the screen of our lives at some point. We don't get to pick when and neither does anyone else. That's God-confidential information - our job is to trust Him and know that He has a plan.
The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy. They are steadfast for ever and ever, done in faithfulness and uprightness. Psalm 111:7-8
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment