Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. John Wayne (1907 - 1979)
Nothing like a little John Wayne wisdom for the day! This is how I feel right now. I have to get up every morning and get back on the saddle - not that I feel like it or want to but because I have to. God's got me on a journey and I've got to ride it out:)
What a busy day. I had three doctor's appointments and radiation. I've had not one but two naps since I've been home. It was a little discouraging today as the radiation oncologist has decided to extend the treatment a few more days (not a lot, but a few more) because he wants me to get as much radiation as I can handle. Maybe I need to quit being so tough and start whining more:)
The orthopedic oncologist also doesn't like the way the cement and the bone are healing and wants to do some more scans to see what is going on. Can't we just stay with the positive or "no news is good news" reports?? I like those so much better.
Yep - this is the great adventure. This is the journey that God has put me on and He has a plan. He will be glorified and His purpose will be accomplished. Never have I been more sure that I am in the center of His will because I can think of no other reason why I would be here. It would not be worth the pain if I was not absolutely sure that He was in control and had a plan. I will trust in Him.
You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God! Psalm 68:35
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hang in there. You're doing great!
Loving you!
Post a Comment