Monday, June 16, 2008

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

It's Monday and I am feeling pretty good today. I am so thankful for friends and family that continually encourage me and point me to God. As much as they would like to give me rest and heal me, they understand that only God can do that.

Yesterday at church, my friend Jenny spoke powerful words of healing and encouragement to me that I had longed to hear for days. As I said my buts and what ifs, she continued speaking the Word of God into my spirit. This is what I am learning: there is a weariness deep in our soul that comes from carrying a heavy burden - it goes beyond physical fatigue - it is spiritual fatigue. The only rest for long-term emotional exhaustion is supernatural.

We must put ourselves aside and wait on Him as He gives us His peace and His rest. Yesterday at church, we sang a song that I've sung a million times before but it spoke to me deeply yesterday:

But the voice of truth tells me a diff'rent story
The voice of truth says do not be afraid
And the voice of truth says this is for My glory
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe
The voice of truth (Casting Crowns)

1 comment:

Lara said...

Your wisdom in words is a continuous blessing to me. These words especially rang true to me today:

"there is a weariness deep in our soul that comes from carrying a heavy burden - it goes beyond physical fatigue - it is spiritual fatigue. The only rest for long-term emotional exhaustion is supernatural."

Thank you.
Lara