...and this is where the rubber meets the road!
I remember saying that to my pastor just a few months ago when I was faced with the first surgery. How little I knew of how long the rubber would be meeting the road. It's a wonder I haven't had a blowout:) I thought by now we would be moving beyond this to some new adventure, but for now this is where God has me.
My patience is being stretched further than I thought possible - I sometimes wonder if the saying that God will never stretch you beyond what you can handle is really true. But this I know: He will not take me where He will not go with me. Ultimately, that's the key to this journey. I am not alone. He has gone before me and He goes with me.
Oh that my life would sing of His praises and my countenance radiate the joy He gives me. Sometimes the smile is hard to come by these days and I certainly don't feel very joyful but I pray that somehow He would use even my weakness to make Himself strong and to reveal Himself to those I come in contact with - even in His mysterious way.
The boys got out of school today - both are moving onto the next grade and no summer school! Yeah. One more day of radiation this week. My niece Kaitlyn graduated tonight. I am hoping that we will be able to go to her grad party on Saturday.
God is good. He is faithful. I am blessed to be called His own.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment