I've watched lots of TV over the last few months and I am amazed at what is the societal "norm" these days. The pagan societies in the Bible have nothing on us ... and to think we are considered a "God"-fearing nation as compared with other countries in the world. How long will He wait? Has He given up on us totally? All I can say is live your life in obedience to Him - share His truth 'cause I think He's going to thump us soon. Did you ever get "thumped" growing up? I can tell you it doesn't feel good and stings you into instant obedience:)
On another note, I got a call late this afternoon and I am to check in at 11:00 am tomorrow (Tuesday) for some lab work and final prep for the surgery which is still scheduled for 8:30 am on Wednesday. Reality sets in ... every ounce of my hope is in Him and He is my rock and my salvation.
This makes me think of a white water rafting trip several years ago in New Braunfels. I remember falling off of my tube and being forced to the floor of the river bed by the rapids only to be rescued by a lifeguard. Apparently this had been perilous spot for other rafters too.
I remember that story today because I am feeling that I am forced to the floor of the river bed once again except this time I know that God is the only one who can rescue me. I am thankful that my God is faithful and true and that what He says He will do.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Tana,
We continue to lift you and your family in prayer. We will be praying for you, the doctors, nurses, and your family at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday. We also prayed for you during our Sunday evening service. Love,
The Gauers
Tana,
Our LifeGroup is fasting and praying for you today, and we will continue to pray for you in the coming days.
Johnie Stafford
Wren Creek Life Group
Tana, our prayers will be with you tomorrow!
Chris and John Carlson
Praying for you sweet friend. I know tomorrow will be hard, but I am keeping you bathed in prayer pre/post and in the hard days ahead.
Hello Tana. Thankful to Julie W. for linking me up w/your blog. Bill and I will be praying for you and your family.
The Stepps
John & Tana and boys! Ron & I are praying our children are praying and people that you don't know are praying for you!
While praying for you just moments ago in my minds eye I saw & heard the surgery room filled with angels and singing. The doctors were at peace and Tana you were smiling at them!!
God is soooo Good!! May the Peace of God maintain and hold your family and the joy of the Lord surround you!
We love you
Ron & Nancy Myers
You are in our thoughts and prayers every day, but especially today.
Ron & Jill Spross
You are an inspiration. We're lifting up the whole family.
John and Tana,
You have been lifted up in prayer often but especially today. We are hoping that everything went well. We will continue to pray in the days ahead as you heal and adjust.
We love you,
Blake and Tracy
"The floor of the river bed." Wow. I love your writing, and I admire your spirit and faith. I have lifted you up to God throughout this gi-normous day in your life.
Love,
Bethany
Waiting for word now. Prayed for you all, all day and will continue. Everyone we can imagine to ask is praying for you too. To get through the day (like it's hard for ME) the therapist in me is working out your home equipment and decorating your crutches (something dignified of course) in my head. I also figured out 10 weeks of recovery would put us walking in Times Square at Christmas time. Meet you at the ball drop 1/1/09.
Huntley's parents want you to know they are praying too along with their various small groups in AZ.
Dear Tana,
You've been in my heart and prayers all day. So have you, John. Charlie is praying for you as he flies home from Dubai. You are loved!
MaryBeth
Post a Comment