Monday, September 15, 2008

Hebrews 5:8 says that Jesus "learned obedience by the things which He suffered." This speaks to me today. Could it be that I am learning obedience by what I am suffering? I believe that I am. It's not like I can do anything about the suffering, but in some way I am surrendering to His will - believing that it is His will for me to be here or I would not be here!

I trust Him with my whole heart. I love Him dearly and know that He will work all of this for good. The longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows.

Please continue to pray for the mouth sores and the hip pain. Your prayers sustain me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, do I know what you mean but others prayers sustain you. I know that is the only way that we get through each day. God is so good. We have days when we would just like to give up but then we remember we are just to give up very thing to our Lord and He does care and will be therefor us. Jim gets to go on a cruise on the aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln the end of the month. JB is in the navy and Jim will fly to Hawaii and meet the ship and the sail wit him to San Deigo. There was no way that we could afford to do any of this. God came through and provided through His servats and we were given everything we needed. I will be going to CA and meet them ad stay to viit family and friends. This is an unbelieveable trip. First the doctor said that Jim could not go. His liver enzymes were so low it was dangerous to be that far away from doctors. Wow! that was really a sock but then God came throug and lowered that count and he got the permission and the OK from the medical officer on the ship to go. Please pray that he will have a blessed time with our son. There have been years where that relationship was broken and it has been restored. You give me such a lift every day. So glad tha my kids knew you so we were able to also get to know you and love you. Dianne