Today has been a day of lots of thinking and that gets me nowhere because I realize very quickly that it's just too much to take in. One day at a time, one day at a time, one day at a time...
In my devotion time today, I read about Noah who built an ark out of obedience, not knowing where the journey would take him. There are other stories in the Bible where people "got on board" not knowing where the journey would take them.
That is where I am right now. I feel like I've signed on with the whole "I'm going to follow Christ no matter what" thing, not knowing where I'll end up. I do trust Him that much - I do love Him that much - yes I'm in for the long haul.
I don't know where this journey is taking me, but I know who's leading the expedition and I know I'm in His hands.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Tana,
We are praying for you, John and the boys. Our hearts are grieving, but we know that God is in control, and somehow He will bring good through this whole situation. Although we are 1/2 a world apart physically, know that we are right there with you spiritually, lifting you up to the mighty Physician. We love you all!
Teri, Jay and the girls
NC might has well be China for as far away as I feel!!! Be assured Patons and everyone we can muster here are praying for you more than daily! With all the prayers petitioning against this for you, there must be great blessing in it somehow, if it comes to pass. Certainly your faithfulness and witness through it all are very salty and bright. No surprise, strong, assured Tana.
I wish I could be there to help with your rehab, home modifications etc. The therapist in me wants to DO something! I researched the surgery and post op course/rehab on the web. Have you seen the helpful hints from the lady in Holland? I appreciate her sense of humor anyway. The accompanying picture is of her standing on her hands : )
Maybe later.
We love you!
Patons
Post a Comment