Saturday, September 13, 2008

Every time I hear someone on TV say they wish they would have heeded the hurricane Ike evacuation request, I think both how foolish and how blessed they are. It reminds me of Christ's call to us to come near to Him and walk in His ways. So many put off the decision to follow Him because they believe there will be many other opportunities - or will there? I think both how foolish and how blessed they are.

God is a patient God. He does not force us - He patiently waits for us to yield to Him and His ways. Oh that we would not take advantage of the grace that He has so freely bestowed upon us.

I want my heart to be pure. I want to act upon His urging. I want to follow Him almost blindly as He draws me to be more like Him. May I seek His will. Whether it be an urging to follow Him for the first time or an urging to do the right thing or an urging to do something He is calling us to do, we need to act quickly and in faith.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

No comments: