Monday, September 22, 2008

We finally told the boys last night - emotional conversation to say the least. Ryan took it as I expected - "your whole leg?", then went on as if nothing had been said. He is sensitive but can sometimes hold his emotions in. Cody on the other hand started crying and cried himself to sleep last night. He is my sensitive/demonstrative one. I held him for a long time and told him everything was going to be OK and he did seem to be fine this morning.

I think they want their mom to look "normal" and be able to do the things I used to do with them. I try to tell them we will do those things again but it may just look different. Please pray for them. This has been a long nine months so far and there is a unknown road ahead.

The good news is that God has a good plan. My prayer is that my boys will know the faithfulness of God, that they will know that God is good and that God loves us more than we can fathom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tana and John:

We love you and your boys. Heavy hearts for you today, but everything you say about your situation, day in and day out, is so humbling, all I can add is, Amen.

2 Cor. 1:8-11

Huntley