Saturday, October 11, 2008

I've had a pretty good day. I sure am emotional these days. I've noticed that it doesn't take much to send me to tears:) Guess I've earned it.

Guess what? I'm getting some fuzz on my head - very little but it is there. Yeah!

I am SO tired of the hospital food (in fact haven't touched much of it in days). Thanks to those of you who bring edible food when you come. I am taking very little pain meds. I still have a couple of pain patches. I occasionally have some phantom pain (pain where the leg was removed). The leg still feels like it's there!

Mom and John are still taking turns staying with me from around 9:00 am until 9:00 pm which is awesome. I've had some frustration with the nursing staff not responding to my needs when I don't have an advocate.

The boys came for a few minutes today and we had a great visit. They may come for a few minutes tomorrow too. They are some incredible kids - please continue to pray for them and their understanding of all the changes in our family life.

I am so thankful for your calls, cards and emails. They are such an encouragement to me. There's quite a long road ahead and you are a vital part of my healing process. God is faithful and He continues to sustain me. He is the strength of my heart (and my body). He continues to reveal His plan for my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tana,
My name is Teri Meyers and I go to church with your parents in Waco. Even though you do not know me, I feel like I know you very well. I have been praying for you since your mom first told me about your pain. I am a faithful reader of your blog. You are the most incredible person I "know"! I see your faith sustain you! What an encouragement you are. You also have an incredible husband who is right there beside you.....what a gift! Your boys are specially picked by God to be your sons..another awesome gift. They will grow strong through all of this too! God also has given you parents, who are unbelievable examples of faith! How Blessed you are. As you continue to work hard and gain your physical strength, know that many from Waco First Church are praying for you and your family! Thank you for posting your thoughts, it helps in knowing how to pray! Your sister through Christ, Teri

Anonymous said...

Hey Tana - thinking of you. You are such a gift to our family. We love you and continue to pray for you daily.

Joy & Bob

Anonymous said...

Tana,

They may have your leg, but they can't take your smile and incredible spirit. Oh...and those phantom pains, just a reminder that one day you will have a new body. So just smile and know that you are loved by many and a child of The One True God.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tana,
My name is Carri Stokes and I attended church with your parents for many years in Waco. I presently live in Washington State with my husband Ben and our daughter Ashlyn. I met you on a few occasions when you were home visiting your family.
I recently heard of your surgery and blog, so I decided to get online and get an update. I must admit that I spent the entire morning reading everyone of your postings. I laughed at your sense of humor, I cried for your pain, and I rejoiced and praised God for your depth of faith! I am touched by your honesty and authenticity. You girl are the real thing!! PRAISE HIS NAME!!
I also thought about your parents and how proud of you they must be! For in you resides their legacy of faith. It is very apparent in your life and in your writing. I believe that this same legacy will take root and reside in your boys. For our God is faithful! I will continue to pray for you, your family, and your recovery.

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. ISAIAH 41:10

God Bless,
Carri Stokes

PS...I think you should consider writing a book!!!

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Hi Tana,
Continuing to pray for you. I know EXACTLY what you mean about nurses not responding to your needs without an advocate. After my 2 1/2month stay at Baylor downtown last year, I know your sentiment TOO well. Keep your chin up and when all else fails ask for the head of nursing for your floor. They'll get things happening REAL QUICK. Heather