I'm still hanging out at the hospital. Still running a fever and having some discharge from surgery. Went through another series of tests today to try to pinpoint the source. SO tired of this agenda. I still have hopes that I can move to rehab before too long. I'm ready for a change of scenery.
I sure am missing my boys. It makes me sad when I think about how little I've been able to be a part of their lives over the last few months. Someone mentioned that God is doing a work in them as well as in me. I pray that His purposes and His will move ahead and that we will all remain strong in seeking Him.
So I have walked with the walker and crutches now and am gaining strength (very slowly). It is still very difficult for me to get up and sit up (my "sit" is very uneven and tender right now). We are in hopes that we will be able to get a sitting prosthesis or some solution once we get to rehab. My other goal is to drive again. I'm sure they'll have a list of things they want me to accomplish as well.
The journey continues. At every "stop" I am hoping to see the end but I know that rehab could be a slow and tedious process. I am trusting God to give me strength and stamina to run the race set before me. I know He is faithful (and His faithfulness is unlimited).
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My dear sweet Tanabanana! I miss you so much. I just want you to know that I've been reading your blog and the life group misses you and John terribly. You are so full of faith through all of this and I wish so much to be like you in your walk with our one and only Lord. What an awesome guy he is, watching over you and making sure you progress quickly through all of this. I know that you want him to be glorified through all of this and I just have to say, "I think he is!" So many people have been touched by your story. Please keep us updated on your recovery. I look forward to seeing you soon. Love always, Kelley
Dearest Tana,
Your honest and hopeful words touch my heart. They also help me know how best to pray for you. Be assured of my continued prayers. I hope to see you soon once I'm back in TX. For now, here's a hug through cyberspace--:)
MaryBeth
Post a Comment