What a typical day at the hospital:) We had a great day at rehab (actually got to some weight levels that I feel are beneficial to me). They let me go through the menu selections and specify entrees - things that actually sound good. I don't know if it will mix with the drugs, etc but am hoping that they thought ahead ... for instance, I had sausage pizza tonight, some cottage cheese and fresh fruit. May sound horrendous to you, but it beats boiled chicken - ha! The doc wants me to be around 100 pounds and I think I was at 77 pounds a few days ago:) Anyway, they've decided to take me in for a little surgery tomorrow to remove the staples and to do a bit of exploration to see if they can find a source for the continuing drainage. They will squeeze me in so don't know when it will happen - just pray all day (he he).
John and Cody are going to a Mavs game on Thursday night (Cody went to Mavs Camp this summer and won a couple of tickets) I think we have the shift covered. John is so patiently waiting on me to finish so he can take home the computer (it is not a good idea to leave such valuables in your room when you leave for a period of time. Ryan has a orchestra concert on Friday, so it is kind of a busy time. The boys also have birthdays coming up soon so we're trying to accommodate those. They always look forward to Halloween (they're usually the ones mooching candy without costumes as of late. Would love to have them dress up, but leaving that door open (as far as characters) can be a bit scary. We'll talk about Halloween costumes later.
Well John is falling asleep and has a long drive home so I will sign off. God is good. I love my therapists and I actually had a little energy today. They let me sit outside for about 20 minutes. Beautiful day! I love and appreciate you all and am grateful for God's provision in every way. Have an incredible tomorrow.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OK good therapists! Answer to prayer! You encourage me to be a good therapist for someone tomorrow
: )
Everyone is somebody's Tana, right?
Love ya' friend,
Hand in there!!!
Need an address there for you. Let me know when they get a tentative d/c date lined up.
D.
Post a Comment