Friday, October 24, 2008

Wow the "little surgery" took a little more out of me than I anticipated. I am finally starting to feel better. The plan is to move me back to rehab tonight (but who knows?)

They found that the vagina had been perforated during the first surgery, thus the source of drainage. It will heal itself but in the meantime I'll have to continue to deal with the drainage. I got all the first stitches out, but now have a smaller incision where they did the exploratory surgery. The surgery actually lasted about one hour instead of thirty minutes.

Pain is minimal. They're trying to give me lots of protein to help with the healing process. My energy's been zapped but I'm looking forward to getting back on track. I've been struggling a little with discouragement, but your encouragement and keeping God's bigger picture in my mind and heart keep me going!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tana - I know discouragement is common, but you are doing awesome!!! My family continually prays for your family, your strength, and your recovery. Keep your eyes focused on Him, and just take each day as it comes. You are amazing and though the healing process is tedious and slow, each day is a new day with love, praise, hope, encouragememt and prayer!!! May tomorrow feel you with all of these! Love, Tracy Heller

Anonymous said...

OK, so we know where that's coming from and it's not a huge deal. Yeah GOD! Onward now! Praying you are back on rehab this morning and that you have a couple easier days over the weekend to get back in the groove. Hope they are still letting you have pizza, friend :)

Did you figure out the costume thing yet? Bennett is Harry Potter (the least of the possible evils to pick from) and Gracie is some sort of USO girl she picked out when I was distracted ; / I need to hide the fishnet gloves and find some leggings to go under the shorter than pictured camo skirt. Nice. At least you don't have to deal with trying gently and nimbly to figure out a way to persuade Cody or Ryan they don't want to look like a hooker! We're going 'trick or treating' at the Baptist's fall festival since our neighborhood is still a ghost town. We at least want to get past the bouncers. : )

Hang in there friend. This season will pass and God has something great around the corner for you! Do your best to make life as normal as possible in these surreal days in the hospital world. In a few months you'll have a new normal everyday and the chance to be bored and wishing something would change again. Really.

Start putting on your make up and real clothes every day. Go 'out to eat' with the boys in the hospital cafeteria and make them quit arguing whether they get to pick out that piece of pie. Figure out a way to get somewhere by yourself that isn't your hospital room. Take yourself shopping in the gift shop and use your credit card. You'll be surprised how much better it makes you feel to be the Tana you recognize rather than a patient.
WE LOVE YOU!!!
D.

Anonymous said...

Tana, I could tell you were discouraged when I saw you Friday. I've been praying that God would lift your spirits and bring you encouragement. I'm so happy to hear He's doing that for you. I hope your move back to rehab went smoothly, and you're settled in and ready to go! Prayers continue, and I'll see you again soon.

MaryBeth :)

Anonymous said...

Tana,

M. Cates led worship today as a guest leader. While we led, I thought about all the great worship memories we have shared. All this started at CBC in WF. In times of discouragement, I have found that remembering how gracious God has been in the past is proof of how good he will be in the future.

Rest assured that your life and faith has blessed many and refocuses us all to lives of transparency and love for one another.

We love you

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanna. I'm a friend of Kim Spross'. I just want you to know my husband, daughter, and I have been praying for you. The LORD put you on my heart this morning. I pray that you are resting in His promises and find hope in His perfect plan.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/mycahnichols