FINALLY back to the laptop. I am feeling fine - it is hard to get "comfortable" but there is no pain to speak of! They took my pump away this morning to prep me to go to the rehab hospital (no sissies allowed there apparently).
We have decided to use the rehab hospital here at Baylor since it is such a great facility. The physical and occupational therapists have already been here the last few days working with me. I have been up a couple of times a day hopping with the walker. My stamina is pathetic so I am hoping for extra energy in the days ahead as I rehab.
Mom and Dad brought the boys to the hospital a couple of days ago. It was so great to see them. We had a good visit. Cody came in and asked "So, do you still have your leg or not?" I told him no and he went on with another subject without much of a break.
Ryan is insistent that the leg will be replaced. We keep explaining that it probably won't. Because of the height of the amputation, there is no functional prosthesis. I am hoping he will be OK with it all after he gets used to the new me.
Mom is staying with me during the day while the boys are at school and then John comes late afternoon and stays until bedtime. I really enjoy having them here. Early mornings and very late nights can be lonely. John has spent the night some but it is SO uncomfortable for him and he has to get up and go to work in the mornings so we are trying not to do that deal.
For the most part, my spirits have been upbeat. Sunday was an especially tough day - life in the hospital can be depressing. I am praying that God will give me energy and that I will be well in every way. He is faithful and I am blessed.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Glad to see you back on your blog. God truly is faithful and He will not forsake us. We have kept up with you most days through your blog. You are an inspiration to all of us. God Bless You and we will continue to pray for complete healing. Love,
The Gauers
Tana,
You have NO idea the inspiration you offer! I am thrilled to read your words and "hear" your voice as I do. So excited to hear you have no pain. Love you, love you, love you!
Peace and health,
Lara Loewl
Hi Tana, great to see you online and thanks for the update. You are a real special person. Glad things arent hurting as much. Keep punching and look forward to seeing you soon. God bless you and your family.
Tana, I had to laugh when you said "FINALLY back to the laptop". You and your machine... we can see you saying that! You continue to amaze us with your faith and determination! We love you and miss you and continue to pray for you, John and the boys. Teri
i love you sugar!!!!
xxoo
Tana, how good to hear from you! We keep you in our thoughts and prayers and hope to see you very soon. I have to travel next week, but after that, Charlie and I will come for a visit. We hope we can make it at a time when John is there, too. Love, MaryBeth :)
Yippee!! I'm so glad you've been re-united with your laptop! Now don't get me wrong, John did a super job!! Just miss hearing from Tana Banana~ God is good all the time and All the time God is good!
We're still praying!
Love from the Green Mountain State of Vermont
Nancy & Ron
Oh, it makes me so happy to see your post. And to hear you say you're not really in that much pain...! Wow how long has it been since you could say that?
The little verification word I have to enter in order to post my comment looks just like "worship" how interesting...
I can't wait to see you when you're ready.
We'll continue to pray for you.
Chills ran across my arms when I read your post. WOW!! God is always good. We can't wait to see you. Let me know when you are up for some visitors.
John and Becca
It's good to hear you are finding your way back to normal activities. Hospital life is bizarre. We'll pray for stamina to return soon but cut yourself some slack. Most people can't hop for long and you have 9 months of deconditioning to 'bounce' back from. Eat right,(protein protein protein to build muscle) rest when they let you and heal!!! Got your sweats ready for rehab? Remember to feed therapists regularly. : )
Post a Comment