Saturday, October 4, 2008

As I thought about writing tonight, I had in my mind that there is really not much to report. Tana continues to improve, no major or minor problems. She is do well; just recovering.

The Hebrew name for God "Yahweh Ro’i": “The Lord my Shepherd.” Portrays the Lord as the Shepherd who cares for His people as a shepherd cares for the sheep of his pasture. The fact that there is nothing to report is a lot to report. There could be so much going on after a major surgery such as this. We should always try to look at what God is doing even when we don't think that much is happening. I did a search on one of the Bible programs online for the words "praise him". The search came up with the phrase or a variation of the phrase 8296 in the version of the Bible that I was searching. That's a lot of praising and He is worth every bit of it and more.

Psalms 150:2 Praise him for his mighty acts! Praise him for his surpassing greatness!

3 comments:

Lara said...

John,
Thank you for your insightful words on the Shepherd. I am thanking Him now that there is nothing to report tonight. Blessings, Lara Loewl

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. No news is GREAT news, now that you mention it:)
When you post it gives us the opportunity to respond and let you know we are out here caring from wherever we can.
D.

Anonymous said...

John and Tana, just wanted to let you know that we are continuing to pray for all of you. We wish we could be there to love on y'all! The Whittens