But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
My prayer today is that I would be full of love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Such grand goals. I want to walk in these precious gifts that God has given to us as believers.
Life is full of choices: to choose to walk in God's provision, to choose to make decisions that would be God-honoring, to choose to live a life that leads others to want to follow Christ. Serving God is a precious gift. He offers so much to us that we could never experience outside of His love and His grace.
For example, I have a lot of pain today, yet I have this incredible peace. I keep thinking that every breath gives me opportunity to breath in His healing and every exhale gives me opportunity to release pain and sickness.
I'm ready for the Olympics to start so there'll be something on TV:) There is really not much on right now - lots of really silly "reality" TV. I wish I enjoyed reading a little more, but even if I did, the pain drugs really prevent me from "focusing" on reading for too long. I'm catching lots of sports and HGTV.
The doctor's office called and they want me there at 7:30 am every morning this week and want me to plan on being there all day long:) I will go back on Saturday for a shot. So, I am looking forward to a couple of weeks of the "unknown".
Please pray that I will be strong and will be able to complete the treatment and that the side effects will not be excessive or have long-term effects. You are a blessing to me. I am humbled by God's grace. He has a plan.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment