#10 - You will waste your cancer if you fail to use it as a means of witness to the truth and glory of Christ.
This is my opportunity (as if I've never had another) to share with others. God has provided opportunities that I could never have orchestrated to share Him with those I am coming in contact with.
There is another side to this story: I need you to keep Christ before me as well. I need for you to testify of God's faithfulness. God has strategically placed me in the midst of loving family and friends who are supporting me in my time of need.
I felt a real burden today for the many folks that come through the doors of churches across our country every Sunday (or if only a few Sundays a year) that call themselves "Christians" but who do not truly have a relationship with Jesus Christ. We'll call them casual Christians. My prayer is that God will get ahold of their hearts and draw them to Himself. I pray that instead of sitting on the sidelines, they will embark in service to Christ and will testify to others of His grace and goodness.
The stakes are too high! Jump in or jump out. There are lots and lots of people out there who are literally dying to be rescued by the peace and joy that only God can give. There are hurting people everywhere. You certainly don't have to look very long to see that. There are open doors at just about every turn. I pray that God would stir our hearts and give us boldness in Him.
I pray that I will be joustled out of my Christian cacoon and recognize the work of God around me and that I will jump in - eyes wide open to the opportunities God puts before me.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh you will have an opportunity to witness. Our Father put many people in the treatment room as I did chemo that recognized my joy. I had ample opportunities to share the Source of my joy. Keep your eyes open--the opportunity to share will be there. Praying for you constantly,
Julie
Post a Comment